Storm Protection In Johns Island, SC
Impact-Resistant Windows, Storm Panels, Hurricane Shutters, Hurricane Windows & More In Johns Island, SC
Residents of Johns Island are acutely aware of the importance of every minute spent getting ready for thunderstorms or hurricanes. Barriers, impact windows, hurricane shuttering, and special panels and other storm protection products to resist hurricane-force winds help safeguard your family and property.
In addition to impact-resistant windows and storm panel attachments, Muhler also provides accordion hurricane shutters, unique fabric shields and hurricane windows . Don’t put off making purchases for the things you need!
Storm Protection Products
A free thorough storm protection exam is available right now. Our professionals can help you choose the finest storm protection items for your property. Here are a few of the storm-prevention items we keep on hand:
Impact Resistant Windows
In the event of a storm, hurricane windows in Johns Island can assist safeguard your family and home. This could put a building’s structural strength at jeopardy during a storm. When a window or patio door is designed to withstand hurricane force winds, it has a layer to catch flying glass fragments, rather than allowing them scatter throughout the structure.
Top-Rated Hurricane Shutters
Your home’s Accordion Shutters by Muhler are stormproof. High-quality Alutech’s Accordion Hurricane Shutters are ideal for storm shelters since they can resist winds of up to hurricane force. Large areas may be covered without blocking the view because to the unique interlocking folding blade mechanism.
Hurricane Storm Panels
A hurricane-rated panel system can save you money in the long run by protecting your property in the event of one. They may be utilized in any part of your house and are quite adaptable. We only use the finest storm panels here. Before installation, we make sure that the storm panel components are corrugated appropriately.
GET MORE INFO ABOUT OUR WINDOWS, SHUTTERS & PANELS
Our products are durable and built to withstand Lowcountry winds and weather. Contact us today to learn more.
Storm Protection Solutions
Storm Trim™ Protection System
The Muhler Company in Johns Island came up with an innovative and cost-effective way to shield windows from damage during thunderstorms. Using Storm Trim, customers may feel secure knowing they’re getting good value for their money. Storm Trim makes it easy to install code-compliant protective panels. For use with the 2020 IRC, Storm Trim’s non-corrosive connection points make it a perfect fit. The Storm Trim’s connections are concealed by attractive detachable Cover Strips, which were placed at the factory.
STORM TRIM™ PROTECTION SYSTEM ADVANTAGES
There are numerous reasons to opt for the STORM TRIM™ protection system such as:
- No additional labor/ time needed to meet the code- the Storm Trim is installed perfectly and we store the protection panels on-site
- No need to offset shutters for any of the anchor attachments
- No need to worry about siding conditions during installation of the anchors
- Storm Trim meets 2020 IRC provisions
- No termites/rot when plywood is present
- Eliminates added labor cost and trim material costs
- Storm Trim Permanent anchors don’t impact the vapor barrier
- No permanent fittings to affect your home’s outer appearance
- Considerable cost savings over standard Impact Glass windows
- Lightweight elements allow for easy storage
GET MORE INFO ABOUT STORM TRIM
To learn more about how Storm Trim is cost-effective, easy to install, and aesthetically superior to other products, contact us today!
Storm Jamb™ Attachment System
Storm Jamb is the code-compliant budget-friendly method of shielding windows from the elements during a storm. In accordance with the 2020 IRC/IBC, window frames are equipped with corrosion-resistant anchors that are extruded. Without the necessity for offset shutters or adjusting for changing siding conditions, Storm Jamb may be used for permanent anchor clearances.
Windows with pre-installed Cover Strips that conceal the Storm Jamb are available. Your protective panels can be set up fast and simply with Storm Jamb. Each panel of storm protection in Johns Island has pre-drilled holes for your window’s Storm Jamb for easy installation.
Storm JAMB Advantages
- DP 50 rating
- Code Compliance
- Meets all the current 2020 IRC/IBC provisions
- Tested and 100% approved for use as hurricane protection panels
- Quick fixing of panels for storm protection fabrics
- Panels have pre-drilled holes for ease of installation
- Approved panels with windows
- No requirement for any aftermarket hurricane anchor fixtures
- No need to offset shutters using separate permanent anchor attachments
- No additional trim material costs or labor costs
- Storm Jamb Permanent anchoring is extruded into window frames
- No need for different siding conditions when there are other anchor installations
- No permanent attachments/visible hardware to mar your structure’s appearance from the street
- Storm Jamb Windows offer excellent cost savings over standard impact glass windows
GET MORE INFO ABOUT STORM JAMB
To learn more about how Storm Jamb is cost-effective, easy to install, and aesthetically superior to other products, contact us today!
Storm Stud™ Attachment System
We have developed and patented our Storm Stud product. It is a modern, code-compliant and cost-effective way to protect windows during stormy weather. It is in line with 2012 IRC/IBC requirements for rust-resistant anchor components. With Storm Stud installed, you don’t have to worry about siding conditions when you are fitting anchors and do not have to offset shutters when adding anchors or clearance.
- Tested & Approved for use with Fabric Shield/ Woof Panels
- DP 50 rating
- Code Compliance
- Quick installation if you’re need urgent installation of protection panels
- Quick and easy installation of your protection panels.
- Meets existing 2020 IRC/IBC guidelines
- Has rust-resistant anchors
- You can get OSB/Plywood/approved panels for the windows
- Pre-drilled holes present on all panels ensuring quick installation
- No additional time/labor required to pass code once the window installations are completed and the protection panels are stored on site
- Affordable pricing
- No need for offset shutters for the permanent anchor attachments
- No need for siding conditions when installing various anchors
- Eliminates added trim material and labor costs
- Storm Stud Permanent anchor parts don’t affect the window’s vapor barrier
- No attachments or hardware is visible from the outdoors
- Major cost saving for Impact Glass fixtures
- Property owners get good peace of mind
GET MORE INFO ABOUT STORM STUD SYSTEM
To learn more about how Storm Studs are a revolutionary and economical new way of protecting windows during a storm, contact us today!
Storm Surround Door Light Kit™
Impact solutions for swing doors
- Streamlines the molding profile’s appearance of standard fittings
- Perfect impact solutions for big swing doors
- Welded corners
- Non-impact or impact options
- Miter cut stops exist so you don’t have to be concerned about screws or the screw-hold plugs
Get ready for hurricane and stormy weather. Contact Muhler now to know more about how our advanced storm protection in Johns Island products and solutions can help make your property safer during hurricanes and severe storms. For more information, call us at 843.572.9727 or write to us via this Contact Us form and we will call you back soon to discuss your requirements.
GET READY FOR HURRICANE AND STORM SEASONS
Contact Muhler today to learn more about how we can make your home safer during hurricanes and severe storms.
Take A Listen
Ours was a large project – 54 hurricane-rated windows and 2 entranceways . . . . The installation crew was considerate of our home and cleaned up where they had been working each day.
We would highly recommend Muhler! We had a window that was leaking and needed to be replaced. Muhler was the only company out of 5 I called that would do just an individual window.
Great job on window replacement. Muhler even help retrofit existing windows to match (went above and beyond to assure I was satisfied). Their customer service was excellent.
Let’s Get Started
Contact us today for more information about our vinyl windows, doors, shutters, sunrooms & storm protection. Free estimates.