Storm Protection NORTH CHARLESTON
Impact-Resistant Windows, Storm Panels, Hurricane Shutters, Hurricane Windows & More
For those living in North Charleston who are preparing for storms or hurricanes, every minute counts. Storm protection products such as hurricane-resistant windows and storm shutters can help protect your family and properties from the dangers of a storm.
Muhler also offers accordion hurricane shutters, one-of-a-kind fabric shields, and hurricane windows, to complement to impact-resistant windows and various storm panel attachments. Get the products you need now rather than installing them later.
Storm Protection Products
You can take advantage of a free comprehensive storm protection evaluation right now. When it comes to protecting your home against storms, you can rely on our experts. Our storm-prevention supplies include these:
Impact Resistant Windows
Hurricane windows in North Charleston can help protect your family and house in the case of a storm. Structural integrity might be at risk during a storm as a result of the heavy lashing of the rains. To protect the structure from flying glass fragments, hurricane-resistant windows and patio doors are equipped with a layer that acts as a barrier.
Top-Rated Hurricane Shutters
Muhler’s Accordion Shutters can keep the elements out of your house. Alutech’s Accordion Hurricane Shutters are suitable for storm shelters since they can withstand hurricane-force winds. Because of the interlocking folding blade technology, large areas can be covered without obstructing the view.
Hurricane Storm Panels
When it comes to securing your home in the case of a storm, a hurricane-rated frame system can save you money. Any room in your home can benefit from their versatility. The best storm panels are used here. It is critical that the storm panel sections be properly corrugated before they are put in place.
GET MORE INFO ABOUT OUR WINDOWS, SHUTTERS & PANELS
Our products are durable and built to withstand Lowcountry winds and weather. Contact us today to learn more.
Storm Protection Solutions
Storm Trim™ Protection System
The Muhler Company in North Charleston has created an ingenious and cost-effective solution to protect windows from damages during thunderstorms Customers may feel safe in the knowledge that they’re receiving a decent return on their investment with Storm Trim. Code-compliant panels may be easily installed using Storm Trim. Storm Trim’s non-corrosive connecting points making it ideal for use with the 2020 IRC. Attractive factory-installed Cover Strips hide the connections for the Storm Trim.
STORM TRIM™ PROTECTION SYSTEM ADVANTAGES
There are numerous reasons to opt for the STORM TRIM™ protection system such as:
- No extra labor/ time required to meet the code
- We install the Storm Trim is installed and store the other protection panels on-site
- No need for offsetting shutters for extra anchor attachments
- No need to stress about siding conditions when the anchors are being installed
- Storm Trim aligns with 2020 IRC guidelines
- No termites/rot even when plywood is present
- Eliminates extra installation cost and trim material cost
- The vapor barrier isn’t affected by the Storm Trim Permanent anchors
- No permanent fixtures to impact your home’s outer appearance
- Considerable cost savings compared to standard Impact Glass windows
- Lightweight installations that also allow for quick storage
GET MORE INFO ABOUT STORM TRIM
To learn more about how Storm Trim is cost-effective, easy to install, and aesthetically superior to other products, contact us today!
Storm Jamb™ Attachment System
Storm Jambs are a cost-effective and code-compliant method of protecting windows during a storm. Corrosion-resistant fasteners extruded into window frames are mandated by the 2020 IRC/IBC. Storm Jamb may be used for anchor clearances without the need for offset shutters or modifying for changing siding conditions.
There are windows on the market that come pre-installed with Cover Strips to hide the Storm Jamb. With Storm Jamb, you can quickly and easily install your protection panels. Pre-drilled holes for your window’s Storm Jamb are included in all panels of storm protection in North Charleston, SC, for quick installation.
Storm JAMB Advantages
- Code Compliance
- Meets current 2020 IRC/IBC mandates
- DP 50 rating
- Tested and 100% approved for use as hurricane protection panels
- Quick fixing of the panels for multiple types of storm protection fabrics
- Panels have holes drilled into them for ease of installation
- Approved panels come with the windows
- You will not need aftermarket hurricane anchor fittings
- No need for offset shutters using individual permanent anchor attachments
- No additional trim product or installation costs
- Storm Jamb permanent anchoring is fitted into window frames
- No requirement for different siding conditions when other anchor installations are present
- No permanent attachments/noticeable hardware that can affect a structure’s appearance from the curb
- Storm Jamb Windows mean excellent cost savings compared to conventional impact glass windows
GET MORE INFO ABOUT STORM JAMB
To learn more about how Storm Jamb is cost-effective, easy to install, and aesthetically superior to other products, contact us today!
Storm Stud™ Attachment System
This Storm Stud product has been patented and developed by our company. Modern, code-compliant, and inexpensive storm-window protection can be achieved by using this solution and it meets the 2012 IRC/IBC criteria for rust-resistant anchor components. Installing Storm Stud eliminates the need to offset windows when adding anchors or spacers since it eliminates the concern about siding conditions.
- Approved after testing for using with Fabric Shield/ Wood Panels
- Code Compliance
- Meets the 2020 IRC/IBC criteria
- DP 50 rating
- Quick installation if you’re need urgent installation of protection panels
- Has rust-resistant anchor components
- You can get OSB/Plywood-approved panels for windows
- Pre-drilled holes on all panels for fast installation
- No extra time/labor needed to pass code after window installations are complete and we store the protection panels on site
- Affordable systems
- No need for other offset shutters for permanent anchor attachments
- No need for any siding conditions when various anchors are being installed
- Eliminate further trim material as well as labor costs
- Storm Stud Permanent anchor parts don’t hamper the effectiveness of your window’s vapor barrier
- No hardware/attachments are visible from the outdoors
- Major cost savings for Impact Glass fixtures
- Property owners get peace of mind
GET MORE INFO ABOUT STORM STUD SYSTEM
To learn more about how Storm Studs are a revolutionary and economical new way of protecting windows during a storm, contact us today!
Storm Surround Door Light Kit™
Impact solutions for swing doors
- Streamlines the look of the standard fittings and the molding profile
- Perfect impact products for wide swing doors
- Welded corner joints
- Non-impact or impact choices
- Miter cut stops present so you don’t have to worry about screws/screw-hold
Be prepared for hurricane and stormy weather. Contact Muhler for additional details about how our advanced storm protection in North Charleston products and solutions can help make your property safer during hurricanes and severe storms. For more information, call us at 843.572.9727 or write to us via this Contact Us form and we will call you back soon to discuss your requirements.
GET READY FOR HURRICANE AND STORM SEASONS
Contact Muhler today to learn more about how we can make your home safer during hurricanes and severe storms.
Ours was a large project – 54 hurricane-rated windows and 2 entranceways . . . . The installation crew was considerate of our home and cleaned up where they had been working each day.
We would highly recommend Muhler! We had a window that was leaking and needed to be replaced. Muhler was the only company out of 5 I called that would do just an individual window.
Great job on window replacement. Muhler even help retrofit existing windows to match (went above and beyond to assure I was satisfied). Their customer service was excellent.