Storm Protection in Mount Pleasant, SC
Impact-Resistant Windows, Hurricane Windows, Hurricane Shutters, Storm Panels & More in Mount Pleasant, SC
A storm or a hurricane can strike at any time in Mount Pleasant, making it crucial to be prepared at all times. Maximize the safety of your family and your house from hurricane-force winds by using hurricane shutters, shields, windows, and panels as part of your overall storm protection measure.
In addition to storm panels, accordion hurricane shutters, impact-resistant windows, and much more, Muhler provides many solutions for protecting your home from storms, waiting until the very last minute is a recipe for disaster.
Storm Protection Products
Get in touch with us for a complimentary storm protection Mount Pleasant assessment! Our team of professionals can provide you with cost-effective options for storm protection for your property. Here are some of the storm protection products we have to offer:
Impact Resistant Windows
Your family and property will be better protected with a hurricane window installed. In the event of a hurricane, damaged windows can often compromise the structural integrity of your property. This ensures that if the glass breaks, the pieces will stick to the interlayer and stay in place, preventing them from falling out of the frame.
Top-Rated Hurricane Shutters
With Accordion Shutters by Muhler, you can safeguard your property during storms. Since they are designed to resist hurricane-force winds, Accordion Hurricane Shutters offer the best possible storm protection. Its interlocking folding blade mechanism allows it to cover huge areas while folding up out of the way not to hinder views.
Hurricane Storm Panels
Protecting your property during a hurricane is easier and more cost-effective with Hurricane Rated Storm Panels. They’re highly adaptable and can fit through just about any door or window in your house. They can be installed from within or on the exterior of your Mount Pleasant property by our factory-trained, certified installers. To facilitate deployment, the storm panels are curved and then placed into one another.
GET MORE INFO ABOUT OUR WINDOWS, SHUTTERS & PANELS
Our products are durable and built to withstand Lowcountry winds and weather. Contact us today to learn more.
Storm Protection Solutions
Storm Trim™ Protection System
The Muhler Company created and patented Storm Trim, a code-compliant and cost-effective method of safeguarding windows in a storm, which provides homeowners with a sense of security at an affordable price. Storm Trim made the fast and simple fitting of these code-compliant safety panels possible. Storm Trim is compliant with the 2020 IRC and has non-corrosive points of attachment. There are decorative detachable Cover Strips pre-installed at the factory and elegantly hide the attachment points.
STORM TRIM™ PROTECTION SYSTEM ADVANTAGES
The following are just a few of the many benefits of using the STORM TRIM™ protection system:
- Once Storm Trim is built and protective panels are kept on-site, no extra time or work is necessary to meet code requirements.
- Installing additional anchors will no longer require addressing different siding conditions.
- If you use plywood, you wouldn't have to worry about rot or termites.
- There is no penetration of the vapor barrier with the Storm Trim Permanent anchors.
- Compared to windows with Impact Glass, Storm Trim is a significant cost-saving alternative.
- No longer need to offset the shutters when attaching it to a permanent anchor.
- Storm Trim complies with the 2020 IRC.
- Many additional labor costs are eliminated, and the cost of materials is reduced.
- There is no unpleasant permanent gear visible from the road.
- Easy to store since it is light in weight.
GET MORE INFO ABOUT STORM TRIM
To learn more about how Storm Trim is cost-effective, easy to install, and aesthetically superior to other products, contact us today!
Storm Jamb™ Attachment System
One of the most cost-effective ways to protect the windows on your Mount Pleasant property during a storm is the Storm Jamb. The 2020 IRC/IBC requires corrosion-resistant anchors for window frames. For anchor installation, Storm Jamb eradicates the requirement of offset shutters for lasting anchor clearance and the need to accommodate different siding conditions.
Storm Jamb Windows come with attractive removable Cover Strips that hide the Storm Jamb. Using Storm Jamb, you may quickly and easily mount your protection panels. For simple installation, storm protection Mount Pleasant fabric pieces are available for each window with pre-drilled holes matching the Storm Jamb on your window.
STORM JAMB™ ATTACHMENT SYSTEM is an ideal storm protection solution because of the following factors:
- Approved and certified for use in panels with hurricane protection.
- Complies with the 2020 IRC/IBC requirements
- The windows come with approved panels.
- Eliminating the need for aftermarket storm anchors
- Allows the installation of anchors without dealing with different types of siding conditions.
- Storm Jamb Permanent anchors are inserted into the window frame.
- Storm Jamb Windows are considerably less expensive than Impact Glass Windows.
- Code compliant
- DP 50 certified.
- Storm protection fabric panels can be installed quickly and effectively.
- These panels come with pre-drilled holes, making installation straightforward.
- No longer need to offset the shutters when attaching to a permanent anchor
- Additional labor costs are eliminated, and material costs are also reduced.
- There is no unattractive permanent hardware that’s visible from the road.
GET MORE INFO ABOUT STORM JAMB
To learn more about how Storm Jamb is cost-effective, easy to install, and aesthetically superior to other products, contact us today!
Storm Stud™ Attachment System
The Muhler Company created and patented Storm Stud, an innovative, code-compliant, and cost-effective approach for protecting windows during a storm. It complies with the 2012 IRC/IBC requirements for corrosion-resistant anchors. Anchors can be installed using Storm Stud, which avoids the need to deal with varying siding conditions and the requirement to offset shutters for anchor clearance.
- Code compliant
- DP 50 certified
- Prompt and straightforward setup of the protection panels
- To ensure easy installation, all our panels are supplied with pre-drilled holes
- It eliminates the requirement for shutters to be offset for permanent anchor connections
- It eliminates the need for additional labor and reduces the cost of materials
- No unattractive permanent attachment gear is visible to the public.
- Assuring homeowners of their safety while keeping the cost down
- Tested and certified with Wood Panels or Fabric Shield for protection
- Uses corrosion-resistant anchors to meet the requirements of the 2020 IRC/IBC.
- Windows can be made of OSB, Plywood, or another type of panel that has been certified.
- Once the window is constructed and the protection panels are kept on-site, no more time or effort is required to pass the code.
- Installing alternative anchors will no longer necessitate addressing varied siding conditions.
- Storm Stud Permanent Anchors do not penetrate the vapor barrier
- Significant cost reduction compared to Impact Glass windows
GET MORE INFO ABOUT STORM STUD SYSTEM
To learn more about how Storm Studs are a revolutionary and economical new way of protecting windows during a storm, contact us today!
Storm Surround Door Light Kit™
Impact solutions for swing doors
- Unblemished visual appeal with a conventional molding profile
- Welded corners
- Ideal impact protection for swinging doors
- Impact or non-impact
- Miter cut stops eliminate screws and, more critically, screw hole plugs.
Get ready for storm and hurricane season. Contact Muhler now to learn more about how our storm protection in Charleston solutions and products can help make your home safer during severe storms and hurricanes. For more information, call us at 843.572.9727 or write to us via this Contact Us form, and we will call you back soon to discuss your requirements.
GET READY FOR HURRICANE AND STORM SEASONS
Contact Muhler today to learn more about how we can make your home safer during hurricanes and severe storms.
Take A Listen
Ours was a large project – 54 hurricane-rated windows and 2 entranceways . . . . The installation crew was considerate of our home and cleaned up where they had been working each day.
We would highly recommend Muhler! We had a window that was leaking and needed to be replaced. Muhler was the only company out of 5 I called that would do just an individual window.
Great job on window replacement. Muhler even help retrofit existing windows to match (went above and beyond to assure I was satisfied). Their customer service was excellent.
Let’s Get Started
Contact us today for more information about our vinyl windows, doors, shutters, sunrooms & storm protection. Free estimates.