Storm Protection in SUMMERVILLE, SC
Impact-Resistant Windows, Hurricane Windows, Hurricane Shutters, Storm Panels & More in SUMMERVILLE, SC
Summerville is susceptible to storms and hurricanes at any moment, thus it is essential to be ready at all times. Utilize shields, panels, hurricane shutters, and windows as part of your comprehensive storm protection measures to maximize the protection of your family and home against hurricane-force winds.
Muhler provides various options for safeguarding your house against hurricanes, including impact-resistant windows, storm panels, accordion hurricane shutters, and many more; however, procrastinating until the very last minute to take preventive measures is a recipe for catastrophe.
Storm Protection Products
Contact us for a comprehensive examination of your storm protection Summerville needs. Our skilled staff can supply you with cost-effective storm protection alternatives for your home. Here are a few of the storm protection solutions we provide:
Impact Resistant Windows
Hurricane windows can be highly beneficial as they protect you and your family during storms. In the event of a hurricane, a damaged or broken window can impact the structural integrity of your Summerville property. However, our impact hurricane patio doors and windows are specifically designed to resist damages caused by impact. This is why, even if your glass cracks, the pieces will stick to the interlay, effectively keeping the shards inside the frame.
Top-Rated Hurricane Shutters
You can protect your property from storms using Accordion Shutters from Muhler. Engineered to withstand harsh hurricane-force winds, our accordion hurricane shutters provide the highest level of storm protection. They have a distinctive, interlocking folding blade mechanism that is meant to cover huge distances and fold away so as not to hinder views.
Hurricane Storm Panels
Hurricane Rated Storm Panels simplify and reduce the expense of protecting your home during a hurricane. They are completely versatile and can fit through virtually any door or window inside your property. Our factory-trained and licensed experts can install them either from the interior or exterior of your Summerville residence. For deployment convenience, these storm panels are curled and then interlocked.
GET MORE INFO ABOUT OUR WINDOWS, SHUTTERS & PANELS
Our products are durable and built to withstand Lowcountry winds and weather. Contact us today to learn more.
Storm Protection Solutions
Storm Trim™ Protection System
The Muhler Company invented and trademarked Storm Trim™, a code-compliant and cost-efficient way for protecting windows during a storm that affords homeowners an inexpensive sense of security. Storm Trim enabled the quick and straightforward installation of such code-compliant safety panels. Storm Trim complies with the 2020 IRC and features non-corrosive connection points. These attachment points are beautifully concealed by stylish Cover Strips that are pre-installed at the manufacturer and are detachable.
STORM TRIM™ PROTECTION SYSTEM ADVANTAGES
The following are just a few of the many benefits of using the STORM TRIM™ protection system:
- When Storm Trim is installed and protective panels are stored on-site, no more time or labor is required to comply with code requirements
- Subsequent anchor installation will no longer necessitate addressing diverse siding situations
- If you utilize plywood, you won't have to concern yourself about decay or termites
- The Storm Trim Permanent anchors prevent any breach of the vapor barrier
- Storm Trim is a far more cost-effective alternative to windows with Impact Glass
- No requirement for offsetting the shutters when attaching to permanent anchors
- Storm Trim aligns with all the 2020 IRC
- Several extra labor costs eliminated
- extra cost of materials reduced
- no permanent fixtures visible from the exterior
- Easy storage as it is light in weight.
GET MORE INFO ABOUT STORM TRIM
To learn more about how Storm Trim is cost-effective, easy to install, and aesthetically superior to other products, contact us today!
Storm Jamb™ Attachment System
The Storm Jamb is one of the most economical solutions to safeguard the windows of your residence during a storm. The 2020 IRC/IBC mandates that window frame anchors be resistant to corrosion. Storm Jamb eliminates the necessity of offset shutters for permanent anchor clearance and a need to adapt various siding conditions during anchor installation.
Storm Jamb Windows have visually appealing, detachable Cover Strips that conceal the Storm Jamb. With Storm Jamb, you can attach your protective panels fast and efficiently. For uncomplicated installation, storm protection Summerville fabric pieces with the pre-drilled holes to match the Storm Jamb on the window are available for each installation
Storm JAMB Advantages
- Approved & certified for hurricane protection panels
- Meets with all the 2020 IRC/IBC requirements
- DP 50 certified.
- The hurricane windows come with special approved panels
- Eliminating the requirement for separate aftermarket storm anchors
- Allows anchors installation without having to deal with different siding conditions
- Storm Jamb Permanent anchors inserted into the window framework
- Storm Jamb Windows are more cost-effective than Hurricane Glass Windows
- Code compliant
- Storm protection fabric panels for quick and effective installation
- The panels have pre-drilled holes, making the installation straightforward
- No requirement to offset shutters when attaching to permanent anchors
- Additional installation costs are eliminated, and low material costs
- There are no unattractive permanent fixtures that are visible from the road
GET MORE INFO ABOUT STORM JAMB
To learn more about how Storm Jamb is cost-effective, easy to install, and aesthetically superior to other products, contact us today!
Storm Stud™ Attachment System
The Muhler Company developed and patented Storm Stud, a unique, code-compliant, and cost-efficient method for protecting windows during storms. It meets the 2012 IRC/IBC criteria for anchors resistant to corrosion. Installing anchors with Storm Stud eliminates the need to cope with fluctuating siding conditions and the need to adjust shutters for any anchor clearance.
- Code compliant
- Quick and straightforward installation of protection panels
- To ensure simple installation, the panels have pre-drilled holes
- You don’t have to offset shutters for fixed anchor connections
- DP 50 certified
- It eliminates the need for extra labor
- Reduced cost of materials
- No unsightly fixed attachment fixtures is visible from the outdoor areas
- Enhanced safety at low costs
- Tested and certified for perfect protection with Wood Panels or Fabric Shield
- Utilizes corrosion-resistant anchors that meet all requirements of the 2020 IRC/IBC.
- Windows can be made of OSB, Plywood, or another type of panel that has been certified.
- Once windows are installed and the protection panels are stored on-site, no more time or effort is needed to pass the code.
- No need to address varied siding conditions during new window installations
- Storm Stud Permanent Anchors will not infringe the vapor barrier
- Notable cost reduction when compared to Impact Glass windows
GET MORE INFO ABOUT STORM STUD SYSTEM
To learn more about how Storm Studs are a revolutionary and economical new way of protecting windows during a storm, contact us today!
Storm Surround Door Light Kit™
Impact solutions for swing doors
- Unblemished aesthetics with a standard molding profile
- Welded corners
- Impact or non-impact
- Superior protection against impact for swinging doors
- Miter cut stops remove screws and, more crucially, screw hole plugs
Get ready for storm and hurricane season. Contact Muhler now to learn more about how our storm protection in Charleston solutions and products can help make your home safer during severe storms and hurricanes. For more information, call us at 843.572.9727 or write to us via this Contact Us form, and we will call you back soon to discuss your requirements.
GET READY FOR HURRICANE AND STORM SEASONS
Contact Muhler today to learn more about how we can make your home safer during hurricanes and severe storms.
Ours was a large project – 54 hurricane-rated windows and 2 entranceways . . . . The installation crew was considerate of our home and cleaned up where they had been working each day.
We would highly recommend Muhler! We had a window that was leaking and needed to be replaced. Muhler was the only company out of 5 I called that would do just an individual window.
Great job on window replacement. Muhler even help retrofit existing windows to match (went above and beyond to assure I was satisfied). Their customer service was excellent.
Visit Our Showroom
630 Skylark Dr., Suite U
Charleston, South Carolina 29407
Let’s Get Started
Contact us today for more information about our vinyl windows, doors, shutters, sunrooms & storm protection. Free estimates.